- Buysome ebooks (epub, mobi format, PDFs, whatever)
- Install Calibre to manage the collection. Calibre will automatically convert the formats as needed (available here : http://calibre-ebook.com/)
- Patch Calibre so that it works with the Samsung Galaxy S by downloading a new driver : see here for details
- Replace the file driver.py in your calibre installation. On my Win7 installation, it goes in here : c:\Program Files\Calibre2\Lib\site-packages\calibre\devices\android
- Connect the phone and transfer some books
- Read them either using the built-in reader (Aldiko ebook) driver or by downloading WordPlayer V3 from the Market.
Useful source for french ebooks is Team-A (aka Team AlexandriZ) : http://www.teamalexandriz.org/